|Company||WSP Group Africa (Pty) Ltd|
|Location||Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa|
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
|Job Functions||Electrical Engineering|
The items detailed herein are guidelines for the ELECTRICAL ENGINEER position; they are to include the items detailed below but are not limited to these. These items are indicators of eligibility/capability for the position. The suitability of applicants for the position remains at the discretion of management and subject to an Engineering position being available. We are looking to reinforce our Electrical offering in the Bryanston office with the appointment of an Electrical Engineer who has very strong client contacts within the greater JHB Property sector. The candidate should hold a Professional Electrical Engineering Qualification, with +5 years’ experience in the Property Sector.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High level of technical expertise
• Capable of completing all types of projects from inception to close out independently
• Be able to focus on client care: client interface – gaining the clients' respect and trust, capable of gaining a deeper understanding of clients’ needs
• Marketing – which would include attendance at business-related networking functions, client functions, ensuring we get repeat work from clients
• Be able to effectively manage junior staff – effective communication and ability to work within a team
• Ability to cope in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to effectively convey information (written and oral)
• Good technical report writing skills
• Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Sound Judgment, Decision Making and Deductive as well as Inductive Reasoning Skills
• Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems
• Ability to define, manage and coordinate inputs from other technical specialists
• Ability to work unsupervised and manage time, quality and effort in order to deliver a quality product within time and cost constraints
Health and Safety
• Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you
• Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm
• Embracing, displaying and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
• Professional Electrical Engineering Qualification, with +5 years’ experience in the Property Sector.
• Healthcare project experience will be beneficial
KEY COMPETENCIES AND GENERIC SKILLS:
• Generally fulfilling the functions of the Engineer on the various construction projects undertaken by WSP: Property on behalf of our Clients as the Employer.
• Function as the Engineer in terms of the general conditions of FIDIC, NEC and GCC Contracts, the Principal Agent and/or Engineer in terms of the JBCC Contracts.
• The appointed Engineer who shall be authorized by WSP Group Africa to carry out the work in terms of general conditions of the applicable contract for the specific project.
• Overseeing and ensuring the successful approval of project execution with various utility owners and/or applicable National, Provincial and Local Authorities.
• Overseeing and delivering on the Contract Management and Construction Monitoring of construction projects which include, but not limited to:
• Preparation of BoQs, Tender and Contract Documentation for tendering and managing the execution of the construction contracts.
• Ensuring that appropriate conditions are well defined in Construction Contracts to ensure that Clients are protected in all instances while also ensuring that construction works are to be constructed and handed over not only to the Engineer but also include the sign-off and acceptance by the applicable authority;
• Resource planning for the execution of multiple projects
• Periodic reporting on the programme, financial management, etc, to ensure that the clients are properly informed on the progress and execution of construction projects;
• Efficient and effective financial and scope management of all construction to restrict initial budget and cost over-runs to an absolute minimum with due consideration of Clients objectives to reduce cost wherever possible;
• Ensure that all parties, including but not limited to the Employer or Client, Engineer representatives and Contractor, including any selected and/or nominated or domestic sub-contractors are aware of the scope of the works, the requirements of the contract and the content of all Contract Documentation;
• Efficient and effective document control and management on all construction projects to ensure that the Contract and Construction activities are well recorded and documented.
• At all times be aware of the importance to manage the execution of projects to achieve the goals and objectives of the Clients of WSP with due consideration for being diligent in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of the Engineer and/or Principal Agent in terms of the applicable contract;
• Ensuring adherence to WSP quality and site management systems including audits and documentation compliance at all stages of construction.
• Effectively dealing with contractual matters including contractor claims, variation orders, etc.
• Efficient and effective close-out of all Construction Projects
• Close-Out as required in terms of the Normal Services per the ECSA guidelines for services, or whichever services contract entered with the Client, and any specific services as may be required by Clients
• Efficient close out of the documentation on the construction projects, which also include “ lessons learned’ and handover
|Job Closing Date||20/02/2020|