|Company||WSP Group Africa (Pty) Ltd|
|Location||Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
|Job Functions||Design,Electrical Engineering|
• We are actively seeking an individual who can join the team and be responsible for preparing technical design drawings/ model of Electrical and smoke detection installations/ systems for building services and industrial projects.
• Understanding the codes and standards (e.g. SANS 10142, 10139, etc.) and transferring this into a design and a drawing, as well as the ability to learn new codes, is critical.
• During the drawing process, they will analyse information (such as measurements and sketches) provided by engineers, architects and other members of a project’s professional team. The BIM Modeller needs to apply their knowledge of design and engineering to illustrate visual instructions that relate technical specifications, including dimensions, material specification, arrangements, co-ordination and installation procedures. These drawings will then be used for tendering and construction purposes.
• Attention to detail and the ability to perform and understand multi-service coordination is critical.
• Responsible for design and modelling of electrical and smoke detection systems.
• Create and/or modify existing engineering designs and models.
• Coordinate and communicate with building owners, clients, consultants, contractors, and project team members (internally and externally).
• Ensure designs and drawings adhere to deadlines. Willingness to work extra hours above normal hours to ensure deadlines are met.
• Site meetings during construction with engineers and contractors for the updating of designs and models.
• Exposure to various industry CAD/ BIM practices and work cultures (optional).
• Co-ordination of various services (HVAC, Fire, Wet Services, Structural elements, ICT, etc.).
• Responsible and taking ownership of designs and deliverables of tender information.
• Innovation for BIM purposes and internal operational developments (indication of innovative ideas that are submitted with CV would be advantageous).
• Development of BIM families.
• Learning and updating the electrical and smoke detection codes and standards to implement into design drawings.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you.
• Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm.
• Embracing, displaying and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• At least 5 years' experience in the consulting and building industry.
• Good knowledge, technical experience and ability to design by themselves of electrical building services, such as lighting, small power, single-line schematics, containment, smoke detection and ICT (advantageous).
• Good understanding of the electrical and smoke detection codes, as per SANS 10142,1 and 10139.
• Construction and practical experience on various large scale projects (an indication of construction experience that is submitted with CV would be advantageous).
• Understanding of equipment and service co-ordination of the electrical and ICT systems.
• Specification of equipment and detailing thereof.
• Ability to coordinate with other services i.e. HVAC, Fire, Wet Services, etc.
• Experience in Revit and AutoCAD and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with building information modelling (BIM) software such as Navisworks, BIM360, etc.
• Registered (similar or equal) as an Autodesk Certified Professional: MEP Electrical with a minimum of 2 years’ experience post-registration.
• Knowledge and experience with electrical software packages such as Relux and/ or Dialux, CBI and/ or Ecodial and/or Amtech.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
• SAQCC Registered Fire Detection – Designer (advantageous).
• Registered RSA driver License.
• Tertiary education in electrical engineering (advantageous).
KEY COMPETENCIES AND GENERIC SKILLS
• Must be willing to support the team in which they work.
• Keen interest and positive attitude in engineering design, while taking ownership and being proactive in the working environment.
• Possess initiative and good interpersonal skills.
• Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
• Accuracy – Attention to detail and correctness of drawings
• Committed to delivering excellent levels of service
• Good communicator.
|Job Closing Date||21/02/2020|